Camaro ZZ3 Small Block Engine swap:
Performance GM engine swap for the Third Generation CamaroInstallation of the GM smog emission legal ZZ3 performance crate engine kit for the Camaro: This engine kit was built by GM for the Camaro. It's aluminum heads and intake, 345 horsepower, street legal high flow dual catalytic converters, dual snorkel air cleaner, computer and chip combination, make for a complete engine swap kit which should not be overlooked. This kit was created for the Camaros equipped with the 1983-86 L69 (VIN "G") or 1982-87 LG4 (VIN "H") engines. (i.e. 1G1FP3IH0LL10001)
|GM ZZ3 Kit|
GM ZZ3 crate motor Camaro kit and old tired 305.
|Chevy Dual Cats|
GM ZZ3 crate motor Camaro kit
|Remount air block to fit.||
Note that the stock mounting of the air tube will obstruct the subframe connector and thus was relocated from the top of the exhaust tube to the side.
5.7L H.O. Camaro Conversion Kit parts list (partial):
Description Chevy Part Number Engine 5.7 H.O. ZZ3 engine (Chevy is currently selling the ZZ4) 10185072 Sensors Knock sensor 10456018 spark control module 16128261 Air Induction System Dual intake air cleaner assembly. 25043641 LH Duct 14070917 RH Duct 14070918 LH flex hose 14073299 RH flex hose 14073990 Fresh air elbow 3970070 Fuel System In tank fuel pump kit (fuel level float, pick-up, etc.) 14085385 In tank fuel pump (Corvette unit) 25116279 (original)
In-tank fuel strainer 25055458 Pressure regulator (Required for carb/throttle body units) 10185094 Pressure regulator mounting bracket 10185069 Pressure regulator outlet fitting (3/8") (Pipe to inverted flare) 9432267 Return fitting 10185093 3/8" pipe to hose fitting 10185096 Decals Tune-Up label (States that kit is emission legal) 24502462 "Premium Fuel Only" decal 25602518 Exhaust Dual CAT 10185070 Dual CAT air pipe 22505116 Dual CAT Y pipe 24502461 CAT heat shield 10164153 Bracket/hanger 10081609 bracket to converter bolt (2 req) 11504596 Misc Instruction Manual 245023463 Lower control arm (2) 10164151
- Starter: I used a geared hi-torque Corvette unit. GM part # 10455702
- The drive gear from the H.O. distributer was transferred to the original LG4/LG69 distributor. The H.O. drive gear is compatible with the H.O. steel roller tappet camshaft (1987 introduced the new harder cam and distributor gear).
- The GM H.O. 350 conversion is certified to meet emission requirements without an EGR valve or carburetor heat stove. Thus the EGR block off plate should remain.
Installed ZZ3 (Dusty and in need of a cleaning)
- GM Goodwrench ZZ3/ZZ4 - performance parts catalog
CamaroTech Engine Links:
- Chevy engine performance parts
- LSx series small blocks - LS1, LS6, LS2, LS7 late model engines
- Crate motors
- GM big block Camaro engine swap