Performance Chevy Crate Motors and suppliers:There is no shortage of performance crate engine options for the Chevy Camaro.
Chevy Crate Motor Suppliers:This is where the First, Second and Third Generation 1982 to 1992 Camaro ownership beats out the Fourth Generation Camaro. Engine swaps are much easier to perform on the early generations Camaro because the engine can be lifted out vertically after the hood has been removed. Typically the Fourth Gen Camaros must be lifted on a hoist so the engine can be dropped under the vehicle. This process is required due to engine compartment design and the forward protruding windshield. This makes engine swaps a breeze on the Third Gen Camaro for the home mechanic or for the traveling racer.
- General Motors: ZZ3/ZZ4 350 small block. See the GM performance catalog available from your GM parts counter. (Available in the third gen Camaro emission legal engine swap package.)
See Chevy ZZ3 installation and description.
Mail Order Auto Center: 3137 Halifax St., Dallas TX 75247
- Bill Mitchel Hardcore Parts: Aluminum engines
- BRE: Beck Racing Engines: custom built and existing packages
- Edelbrock: 350 Small Block
2700 California St., Torrance CA 90503
- Jegs: Zl1 454 Big Block
- Fast Times Motor Works: 588 Big block
8605 Lincoln Ave., Morton Grove Il 60053
- Golen Engine Service: 350cid, 383 small block options.
17 Dracut Dr., Hudson, NH 03051
- Coast High Performance (Probe Industries): 496 cid
2555 W. 237th St., Torrance CA 90505
- Larry's Performance: 496, 383
530 Montebello Way, Montebello CA 90640
- Smeding Performance: 383
3340 Sunrise Blvd., Ste E Rancho Cordova CA 95742
- MAS Performance: 350, 383
6337 US Hwy. 10 Ellworth WI 54011
- Pace Parts: 350, ZZ572
430 Youngstown-Warren Rd., Niles OH 44446
- Shariroff Racing Engines:
35 Davinci Dr., Bohemia NY 11716
- Sonny's Race Engines: large displacement (eg 762 cid), high horsepower engines. Specialized engine components.
- Recon Automotive Remanufacturers: Sold through Advance Auto, Auto Zone, CSK, Pep Boys, O'Reilly's, Summit, ...
- Street and Performance:
1 Hot Rod Lane, Hwy 375, S. Mena AR 71953
- World Products: manufactures all aluminum blocks and crate motors.
51 Trade Zone Ct., Ronkonkoma NY 11779
- Summit Racing:
- Sallee Chevrolet: Super AFR ZZ4
1003 S. Main, Milton-Freewater OR 97862
General Motors big block 572 cid crate motor.
Chevy LS1, LS2, LS6, LS7, LSX Crate motors:
- CamaroTech.com Chevy LSX small-block: Chevy gen III LS1, LS6 and gen IV LS2, LS7 small-block engines
- Lingenfelter Performance: LS1, LS2 and LS6 (Corvette) short blocks, twin Turbo
- Mast Motorsports: LSX, LS7, etc - Nacogdoches, TX
- TurnKey: LS1, LS6, LS2, LS7 performance crate motors. Superchargers and turbochargers are optional.
2620 Temple Heights Dr., Oceanside CA 92056
- F-Body Motorsport: Components for LS1 swap into 3rd gen Camaro - Engine/transmission mounts, wiring harness, AC bracket and headers for 3rd gen swap.
- GM Goodwrench: GMPerformanceParts.com
Chevrolet EROD LS3 crate engine and transmission package. Comes complete with engine and transmission wire harnesses.
GM LSX: 454 cid, 7.4L, 620 hp
GM EROD LS3: 6.2L, 430 hp/424 lb/ft, emisions-legal.
- Wiring harness and calibrated ECM
- Exhaust manifolds
- Catalytic converters and O2 sensors
- Fuel tank evap canister
- Mass airflow sensor
EROD LS series crate motors for performance engine swaps.
CamaroTech Engine Links: