Camaro Performance Exhaust Systems:
9599 Jefferson Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
Hot Air Kit: Heat riser header attachment.
2975 Dutton Ave.
Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Third Gen Camaro full CAT-back system. Part #: 24502461.
This Flowmaster exhaust system collects from the dual catalytic converters and feeds the exhaust to a large single tube running along the transmission/driveshaft hump. This feeds to a single inlet on the muffler and escapes to through two pipes on the left hand side of the vehicle.
GM has a selection of performance mufflers.
Magnaflow has mufflers, glasspacks, exhaust tips, pipes and tubing.
|SLP Engineering Inc.|
Toms River NJ
Third Gen Camaro Small Block Headers: Part #: 30003. 1 3/4" dia
Installation kit. Part #: 30024
Thermotech: Cool IT
Reduce engine compartment heat with this exhaust insulating wrap.
X Connector Pipe
(for dual exhaust systems)
The exhaust configuration for the stock Camaro and for most aftermarket performance systems use a single large exhaust pipe running from the engine to the rear along the transmission hump to a muffler. If installing a dual exhaust system, you will see a performance gain if you employ an X-pipe connector near the engine headers. The X-pipe balances the high pressure pulses coming from the engine resulting in lower back pressure and thus a more free flowing exhaust.
Quick Time Performance
Midland Park, New Jersey
Electric exhaust cutout for backpresure control.
Installation note: When using headers, they generate more heat and bring the heat closer to the speedometer cable than in a stock system. Thus it is required that a speedometer cable be used which does NOT use a plastic liner. The stock unit with a plastic liner will melt and lock up the inner cable. This in turn locks the driven plastic speedo gear in the transmission. This then strips both of the plastic speedo gears in the transmission. The transmission then must be broken open to repair the damage.
6728 Lovers Lane
Portage, MI 49002
|Manufacturer of custom made speedo cables.|
For the Camaro I used an 84" all metal cable.
- Jet-Hot: Exhaust coatings - Send component to them and they will apply thermal coating. Headers receive coating to inside and outside surfaces.
- HPC: Hight Performance Coatings
- IHC: Industrial Hard Carbon - Carbon Raptor: race aplications - hard and wear resistant, low friction
- Performance Coatings
- SpeedDirect.com: ceramic reinforced exhaust system coating
- Swain Tech Coatings - for wear, heat, friction and corrosion
- Techline Coatings - extensive line of coatings including multiple colors and even clear.
- ThermalTech Coatings - ceramic, powder, dry film
- HTP Headers - 304 Stainless headers and y-pipes. Long tube design with 1.75" primaries and 2.5" collector (3.0" collector race only version available) (Spohn)
- Hedman Headers
- Hooker Headers
- Holley: Flowtech
- Dynomax: Blackjack Headers Headers and exhaust systems
- Burns Stainless - exhaust system components
- F-Body Motorsport: Headers for LS1 engine swap into 3rd Gen body
- Gibson Performance Exhaust
- Headers by Ed - header kits and parts
- JBA Headers (4 and 5th gen)
- QTP: Quick Time Performance - Gen IV Camaro
- Sanderson Headers - street rod headers
- Schoenfeld Headers
- SLP Engineering Inc.
- Stahl - Regular and custom headers. Headers for Super Stock relocated small block.
- Stainless Works - Headers and exhaust systems
- Patriot Exhaust Products
- Thorley - Tri-Y
- Kooks Custom Headers
- Bassani: 1998-2002 4 and 5th gen only
- Muffler Kits:
- Random Technology - Powermax aluminized steel 3" Cat-Back single cat - Camaro gen3 (Spohn)
- HTP - 304 Stainless Steel 3" Cat-Back System. 2.5" tailpipes - Camaro gen3 (Spohn)
- Borla - T-304 3" Stainless Steel Cat-Back - Single Cat - adjustable back pressure - Camaro gen3 (Spohn)
- Flowmaster Muffler - Mufflers, Y-pipes and exhaust accessories
- Borla - Exhaust systems (Stainless)
- Pypes (800)421-3890
- SpeedDirect.com: CC inserts - Developed to quiet racing exhaust systems. (not exactly a muffler)
- Bassani XHaust - Exhaust kits
- JBA Performance Exhaust
- Spintech - oval tubing and transitions. Good for low ground clearance vehicles.
- Classic Tube - Stainless steel exhaust parts
- Thermotec - Thermal insulation products
- Stage 8 - Header bolts
- ARP (Automotive Racing Products): Header fasteners/bolts (stainless)
- QTP: Quick Time Performance - electronically controlled exhaust cutout. (201)444-0998
- Hoffman Group: AutoLoc: Flame thrower kits.