Automotive Paints, Films and Coatings:Metal body parts require a protective coating to prevent oxidation. A steel panel will corrode and rust till it is no longer there. The salted winter roads in the Midwestern states are proof. Some of the high quality carbon fiber panels are mounted without a coating to expose the high-tech look of the panel material. Most panels are painted to achieve a complete body image and look. Other coating options have risen from the labs such as laminate films and metalic deposition.
- Paint Products:
- Chrome Paint:
- Custom Paint Products:
Cosmichrome: multi-color chrome paint finishes for all materials including plastics and metals. Colors achieved by spraying a color top-coat over the chrome layer.
Cosmichrome: multi-stage chrome sprayer
Demonstration of the multi-step application process for Cosmichrome paint system.
Paint Equipment:(spray guns, respirators, etc)
- SATA: spray guns, blasting, air filters, respirators, etc
SATA automotive paint spray gun
- Powder Coating: (metal parts)
- Prismatic Powders - large selection of custom colored powder coatings.
- Wax and Polish:
- Griot's - car care products
Printed Color and Clear Film Wrapping:(paint protection film)
- Mutoh - printed film
- Sharpline: DuraShield - clear film
- Scorpion Protection Film - window and body film
- 3M: VentureShield
- ExtremeAW - 3M Clear Bra (installer)
- TWN: Water Transfer Printing - a water soluble film is layed upon a water surface in a tank and sprayed with an additional solvent. This ultimately disolves the film which then floats on the water surface as a liquid with some tension properties. The part is placed over the film and submerged, transfering the paint to the part. See their videos.
Mutoh printed film: Valuejet 1624 - 64" printer
Camaro hood with printed film
TWN: Water Transfer Printing - examples of some of the patterns that can be applied. Great for contoured parts.
- Mobile Environmental Solutions: Pressurized, exhaust paint filters
A mobile paint booth from Mobile Environmental Solutions. Pressurized, exhaust paint filters (white panels on the garrage doors).